If you want to find out more about volunteering with Phunzira then please take a look at the following packs with information on injections, visas, travelling in Malawi, budgeting, food costs etc.
Phunzira’s projects are being run and managed by members of the local community. Participants should take care to adopt a supportive role in their position as a volunteer. All projects and initiatives should be approached in a collaborative and participatory manner – potential volunteers should be creative, passionate and independent. We do not have set requirements in terms of how long you should join us for, however we recommend a minimum of 3 months in view of how remote Ruarwe is and how much you’ll enjoy living there!
Count me in!
If you are interested in joining us then send an email to Volunteer with the following details:
- Your name and date of birth
- Intended dates of arrival and departure
- A list of the initiatives you’re interested in
- An up-to-date copy of your CV
For confirmed volunteers
For those joining us shortly in Malawi, please make sure you have:
- consulted our Medical Pack and Welcome Pack
- taken a look at our Essential Checklist so you know what items to pack before you leave
- printed off a Code of Conduct, Medical Disclaimer and Emergency Contact Details form (please read through these before leaving for Malawi!)
- printed off a Feedback Form to complete at the end of your stay with us in Ruarwe
Please note, we ask volunteers to print off forms before coming as Phunzira has no administration costs at present, which is something we’re very proud of and don’t wish to change!
We look forward to seeing you soon in Ruarwe – please get in touch with us again a couple of weeks before you come out to join us!