Rosa Nissim, Michael Nissim and Philippa Mander.
Rosa Nissim (Chairperson): Rosa has spent more than 15 years working and operating in the charitable sphere on both a paid and voluntary basis. After completing a BA in literature and a BSc in mathematics she went to Malawi and worked in various educational arenas in the north of the country. In 2009 she founded Phunzira.
Michael Nissim: Michael is a media director of an independent media agency, predominantly advising clients on how to maximise the effectiveness of their advertising through creative and strategic analysis. In collaboration with his company, he also helps to source and maintain corporate sponsorship for small charities based in the UK.
Philippa Mander (Secretary): Philippa became a Paediatric Nurse in 2012, following on from a degree in Applied Psychology at Durham University and 5 years working in Finance, Legal services and IT. She completed her nursing clinical elective at the local health centre in Ruarwe in early 2012, and 2013 she joined the Phunzira team as Health Co-ordinator.
UK charity number
18 Brockley Avenue,
Middlesex HA7 4LX
- To advance the education of the public in academic subjects
- To advance the education of school pupils in the north of Malawi by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities, not required to be provided by the local education authority, for education
- To advance in life and help young people through:
- the provision of recreational and leisure time activities provided in the interest of social welfare, designed to improve their conditions of life; and
- providing support and activities which develop their skills, capacities and capabilities to enable them to participate in society as mature and responsible individuals
- To promote sustainable development for the benefit of the public by:
- the relief of poverty and the improvement of the conditions of life in socially and economically disadvantaged communities; and
- the promotion of sustainable means of achieving economic growth and regeneration. Sustainable development means development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own need
- The relief of financial hardship among people living or working in northern Malawi by providing such persons with services which they could not otherwise afford through lack of means